Become a Volunteer at Mercy Medical Center
Become part of an outstanding volunteer team! Mercy offers a wide range volunteer service opportunities for adults, teens, and off-site groups.
Each year, our volunteers contribute more than 70,000 service hours to further the long-standing mission of Mercy Medical Center, located in Canton, Ohio. Adult and teen volunteers help our healthcare professionals enhance the care we provide to patients and their families.
What programs does Mercy Volunteer Services offer?
- Adult Volunteer Service Program
- Teen TAG (Together Achieving Greatness)
- Pet Patrol Program
- Shadow-A-Professional Healthcare Shadowing Program
- And many others!
What types of service can I do at Mercy?
- Patient newspaper and flower delivery
- Patient wheelchair transporter
- Information desk volunteer
- Clerical volunteer
- Eucharistic minister
- Gift Shop volunteer
- Mercy Boutique volunteer
- Nursing unit volunteer
- Senior Friends volunteer
- And much more!
How do I become a Mercy volunteer?
- Complete an online or written application plus additional forms
- Participate in an interview if your application is approved
- Complete Mercy health requirements and criminal background procedures
- Attend orientation to learn about medical center policies and procedures
- Receive “on the job” or specialized training
What’s happening in Mercy Volunteer Services?
Volunteer Information Center
This site is for current volunteers. Login is required.