Access to Mercy at In-network Insurance Benefit Levels
Since 1908, Mercy Medical Center’s mission has been to continue Christ’s healing ministry by providing quality, compassionate, accessible and affordable care for the whole person. Today, Mercy is recognized regionally and nationally for clinical excellence, cutting-edge technology and innovative, patient-centered initiatives.
If you’d like to experience the quality of health care that Mercy offers – but have not been able to because Mercy is not part of your health insurance network – the Mercy Your Choice Program can help.
YOUR CHOICE helps you avoid out-of-network penalties
Created for individuals with insurance plans that do not include Mercy as a network provider, Your Choice allows eligible plan participants and their dependents to use Mercy and its health centers for their health care needs without out-of-network penalties.
To be eligible for Your Choice, your health care plan must allow out-of-network provider access (normally a PPO).
If you qualify for Your Choice, Mercy will waive the difference between your in-network and out-of-network coverage, up to $1,000 deductible and 30 percent coinsurance costs. This means that, although you are still responsible for your plan’s normal in-network deductible and co-pays, using Mercy will not cost you any more than using an in-network provider.*
YOUR CHOICE gets you access to quality health care
Quality is at the heart of all we do. Our centers of excellence include Mercy Heart Center, Cancer Center, Emergency Services/Trauma Center, Emergency Chest Pain Center, Robotic Surgery Center, Stroke Center, Rehabilitation Center and Vascular Center.
- Mercy Medical Center is ranked #1 in Ohio for overall cardiac services in HealthGrades’ 2011 report. HealthGrades is the nation’s leading independent healthcare ratings organization.
- Mercy is a leader in emergency heart care and became the first in Ohio to receive advanced accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers to perform angioplasty 24 hours a day, seven day a week in our Emergency Chest Pain Center.
- Mercy offers this service area’s most experienced Robotic Surgery Center. With two da Vinci Surgical Systems, surgeons are routinely performing robotic-assisted heart, urology, gynecology and general surgery procedures.
- Mercy Cancer Center received a three-year approval with Commendation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. Only one in four hospitals receive this special approval and even fewer receive commendations.
- Mercy Stroke Center received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get with The Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
Mercy offers a complete range of health care services, featuring maternal/fetal medicine, radiology, restorative and complementary therapies, adult and child behavioral health, dialysis, pain management, homecare, hospice and an array of support programs. The hospital also provides specialized diagnosis and treatment in Mercy Sleep Center, Breast Care Center, Wound Care, and Dental Services.
In addition, Mercy operates health centers to better serve area communities. Convenient outpatient services are available at Mercy Health Centers in Carroll County, Lake, Louisville, Jackson Township, North Canton, Plain Township and Tuscarawas County. Imaging services are available in Alliance.
Determine YOUR CHOICE eligibility with one phone call
It only takes one simple phone call to determine if you are eligible for Your Choice. Contact Mercy Patient Accounts at 330-588-4678, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. If your insurance plan meets out-of-network coverage requirements, you will be qualified immediately for health care services at Mercy.
* All adjustments are made after your insurance has processed and paid your claims. You must make separate payment arrangements with any physicians (including hospital-based doctors) involved in treating you or your dependent.